Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Unbearable Bassington-Bassington?



A kind gift from a friend led Lord Bassington-Bassington to ask the inevitable question: Is someone trying to tell His Lordship something?

The Unbearable Bassington is a cracking read, by the way: Saki is a writer Lord Bassington-Bassington is terribly fond of, especially his weird stories. A dapper dresser he was, too.



Saki in 1913

Lord Bassington-Bassington would like to thank Mr. Hansen for the gift, and remind the latter that His Lordship owes him a book or three.

4 comments:

  1. I have not read anything by Saki, but his works seems interesting. Great book cover btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that I've read from his pen has been excellent, but I do think especially highly of his weird works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you name some of these weird works, so that I can endeavour to add them to the Mosque library?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of them is Shredni Vashtar, which I've had my secretary link to in the post above. Gabriel Ernest is another. But a sense of the weird pops up in many of Saki's stories, such as the one about the cat that suddenly can talk.

    I mean, a talking cat - how absurd is that?!

    ReplyDelete