Thursday 15 July 2010

Freudian Basset analysis

If one is to believe Mr. Freud, even creatures as noble as the Basset hound has a subconscious filled with instincts and impulses. Some of which, regrettably, can be rather base. So after a welcome tip by Mr. Gustav Beowulf of Lulubelle, we can share with our readers this old commercial, which sheds rare insight into the inner life of the Basset hound.



The Freudian analyst in the commercial might be considered offensive by people with modern sensibilities, as ethnic humour has become increasingly frowned upon as political correctness have killed so much which is true and good. However, as Lord Bassington-Bassington considers all humans to be inferior (to Basset hounds) anyway, he is a great fan of ethnic stereotypes.



This next commercial illustrates that however superior Basset hounds may be to humans, there are certain positions they should not be put in, lest temptation become too great.

1 comment:

  1. My dear Lord Bassington-Bassington! I'm so sorry I've not been able to comment these wonderful commercials before but, would you believe it: my folks sent me off to a kennel without internet-access! The food was excellent and the staff understanding with regard to my demands, but when you're used to furred beds.....
    Anyway, these commercials shows, as you mentioned, Basset Hounds superiority over Humans. However, I should mention that my folk discovered a new Iams commercial on American news channels with a Bull dog as the main star proclaiming: I am a beauty model ... and he wisely added: on the inside (which could have been unnecessary for a Basset Hound). They haven't found it on the net yet (un-intelligent as they are) but it's worth checking out.
    Gustav Beowulf of Lulubelle

    ReplyDelete